It’s that time of year again. The clocks are going forward, the weather is, well, the weather is still just the weather. Anyway, it’s chaingang time.
Next Tuesday (27th March) is the first VC York chaingang of the year. Let's get as many out as possible, and if you can, please wear team kit so as to better identify the ride with our club.
A few notes:
- Tuesday is the Easingwold route (rolling)
- Thursday is the Pocklington route (flat)
- Both rides start at 6pm from the B&Q deliveries entrance on Osbaldwick Link Road
- Riders are to split into reasonably sized groups. Choose a group that you can ride well in, not a group that you will struggle in. Leave a good few minutes between groups setting off.
- The usual rules apply. It’s not a race. Ride for the group, not for yourself, don’t cross the white lines, slow down for horses, don’t be an idiot, etc.
- Give friendly advice to anyone who might not be familiar with how a good chaingang works. Don’t take it personally if you’re on the receiving end of the advice.
If one of the more experienced club members could give a briefing at the start, if I’m not there, that would be great.
PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THE BRIEFING
Thanks all. Let me know if you have any questions.