Here’s your first weekly VC York bulletin:
In recent racing:
Pete Hook took 10th overall in the Sledmere TT on Saturday 11th March then followed that up on Sunday with 20th place in the YCF 10. He was also in action at the York Sport YH Spring Series the last two Tuesdays.
Chris Clark raced on Sunday the 5th March at the Elliot Campbell Memorial Mountain Time Trial at Innerleithen 7Stanes. He finished top 3 in his age group and 9th fastest overall.
Events coming up?
Chris Clark and Rob Pape will be smashing it tonight at Hull’s Costello Stadium in the Vive le Velo Spring Nocturne Series cyclocross.
Pete Hook will be racing on Saturday at the Yorkshire Day at the Races at York Sport. He’s also doing the Seacrofft RR at Bishopwood on the 26th and the Circuit of the Dales TT on the 2nd April.
Chris is racing this Sunday in Round 1 of the Midlands XC Series at Sherwood Pines.
In other news:
We had our early-season club meeting on Sunday night (12th March). It was well attended and a lot was discussed. Thanks to all who attended. Here’s a brief summary of the meeting:
- Chaingangs remain the same, however on some Thursdays there will be an option of a harder ride for those that want it. This will be decided on the night on a week by week basis. Agreed we need to consider others on the road. Make sure we split the groups at the beginning and also at Sheriff if required - however people need to be aware of their capabilities. Be Sensible! If you’re in the wrong group it can be dangerous.
- Need to sort out a reliability ride and evening meal for the 20th anniversary of Pete Longbottom’s death. Date closest to the 10th February.
- Subs to be paid via BCF website for the 1st April - £15 (click here to pay your subs).
- Arrange a clothing supplier review meeting in September
- Rich Mellen to contact Bob Howden re providing marshals for the Pete Longbottom memorial ride as we thought it was important we contributed in some way
- YCF marshals - Dom to provide information when he receives the list from YCF of events
- Pete Hook to look at hosting a hill climb time trial
- Pete Lambert to send a regular email requesting results and events that people have taken part in with results as any future events of interest.. To be put on the website
Subs are due:
For all those who haven’t paid in the last month or two, your VC York subs are due at the end of March. You can pay your subs at any time by going to the Join page on the club website and clicking ‘Buy Membership’. It can then all be handled through the BC website.
This is also the link to use if you’d like to join the club, and of course, if you ride with us, we’d love you to join.
Keep the race updates coming. Good luck in your upcoming races and stay safe on the roads.